I've been home for two weeks, and I've spent very little time on the internet. Good for my relaxation, but not good for my blog readers nor for my records. The following is a little bit of what has gone on here over the holidays:
1. Sushi! Josh and I found $20 in the washing machine: to the victor goes the spoils. We used it to get a delightful sushi lunch. I also had sushi with one of my friends from college. Sushi is one of my favorite things about being back in the Pacific NW.
2. Procrastination: bad, but sadly part of my nature. I finally admitted that my Washington state car title is sadly lost. This is unfortunate, as I need the title to make the state of Minnesota happy. I finally went to the office today (the day before I leave to go back to Minnesota) around 4:15, only to discover that I could have gotten a same-day title if only I had gone before 4. D'oh. I think we've sorted this one out, but it's long, complicated, and ultimately of little interest.
3. I have played a lot of blokus. My family is BIG on board games, and this has been the game for my whole vacation. It's a lot of fun, yes, but I think I've played enough to last me until the next time I come home. Maybe. I estimate I've played 5-7 games per day for the last week.
4. Josh, my mom, and I went to go see the Nutcracker at the Portland Ballet. Their choreography is different from the Nutcracker I've always seen before, so it was neat to get a different experience. Most notable: instead of Russian cossack dancers doing the low Russian-guy dance (you know, the one from the Lechaim scene in Fiddler on the Roof -- in the 4 minuteish range), they had some dancers who did amazing things with hula hoops, including multiply jumping through one as it twirled around his body.
5. A veritable blockus/tetris game myself in trying to fit everything into my suitcase. I don't think I'll be able to get away with doing a carryon like I did on my way here, but I should just have one bag to check. I packed nowhere near enough clothes for two weeks, but I apparently should have packed even less.
That's all for now. I'll try to come back with pictures at some point, but my computer is on the fritz (thankfully backed up so I won't lose any files), and I haven't gotten around to putting my pictures on anyone else's computers.
I hope all my readers had a fabulous Christmas. I'll check back in sometime in the next few days, but don't expect blogging to return in force until January.