1. Working with small children is tiring. Working 10 hours with small children is even more tiring. Despite this, I still love my job. I get to paddle every day, and the kids are so darn cute.
2. Driving is also tiring. I'm still sore from my 20 hours worth of driving this weekend (6 to Louisville to visit Dr. Aaron and another 4 to Knoxville to visit Jenn and some other friends. Then back to Louisville and back up to Ann Arbor).
3. Because I am so sore and tired, I tried taking a cold bath tonight. This was recommended by friend when I quipped that I didn't have enough ice packs to cover my whole body. The bath felt good when I was in it (after I got over the shock of sitting in really cold water), but my body is still sore. Time to hit more ibuprofen and look forward to sleeping most of the day on Saturday.
4. Totally unrelated: I am annoyed by the recent Dixie disposable plate ads. Let's all use disposable plates every day so that we can enjoy more time with our kids! Whee! I love destroying the earth! (okay, it's not that simple. There's a lot of lifecycle analysis that needs to go on because it takes more energy to produce and clean real plates.) But lots of plates are durable and reusable and end up being nicer for the environment in the long run.
5. I'm going to sleep. It's 11 pm, but that is early for me. Maybe issue #3 is also related to lack of sleep and lots of exercise. I have been working out a lot recently and not sleeping too much.